Monitoring of prices for main food products according to “Kazagromarketing” JSC for the period from March 10 to 17, 2015 by regions:
During the reporting period the following rose:
– Pearl barley in Astana by 16% from 111 to 129 tenge / kg. The increase in price indexes is due to the reduction in sales volume of cheaper products sold by weight (pre-holiday demand), wholesale prices remained at the level of 55 tenge / kg;
– Wheat cereal in Astana by 13% from 136 to 153 tenge / kg, which is associated with an increase in the wholesale cost of the goods by suppliers by 18% from 55 to 65 tenge / kg;
– Onion in Ust-Kamenogorsk by 11% from 93 to 103 tenge / kg. The reduction in supply and an increase in wholesale prices by 11% from 83 to 92 tenge / kg led to a rise in price of onions;
– Mandarins in Almaty by 13% from 329 to 371 tenge / kg and in Aktobe by 10% from 242 to 265 tenge / kg. The rise in prices is associated with an increase in the supply of more expensive Moroccan mandarins. Wholesale prices rose this week in Almaty by 10% from 285 to 314 tenge / kg and in Aktobe by 11% from 190 to 210 tenge / kg.
At the same time there is a decrease in the price for:
– Buckwheat in Astana by 10% from 256 to 231 tenge / kg. Increase in sales volume of cheaper products sold by weight resulted in lower pricing, wholesale prices have not changed – 140 tenge / kg;
– Oat in Astana by 13% from 378 to 327 tenge / kg. Decline of wholesale prices by 11% from 90 to 80 tenge / kg resulted in cheaper products;
– in Petropavlovsk cheese by 15% from 1300 to 1100 tenge / kg. Saturation of the market with cheaper products from the Russian Federation and the decline of wholesale prices by 21% from 1140 to 900 tenge / kg resulted in a reduction in price of cheese;
– Tomatoes in Shymkent by 13% from 400 to 350 tenge / kg. Reduced prices from producers and wholesale suppliers, as well as an increase in the supply of products from Uzbekistan led to a reduction in price of tomatoes. Wholesale prices for the week fell by 9% from 330 to 300 tenge / kg;
– Cucumbers in Shymkent by 11% from 450 to 400 tenge / kg. Saturation of the market with products and decline by suppliers of wholesale prices by 9% from 350 to 320 tenge / kg led to its cheapening;
– Peppers in Astana by 10% from 803 to 719 tenge / kg. Decrease in wholesale prices by suppliers by 11% from 675 to 600 tenge / kg resulted in a reduction in price of pepper in Astana;
– Bananas in Atyrau by 24% from 503 to 380 tenge / kg. The increase in the supply of products to the market and a reduction of wholesale prices by 33% from 477 to 320 tenge / kg led to cheaper bananas.
For the rest of significant food price fluctuations (over 10%) were not observed. “Kazagromarketing” JSC on a weekly basis (Tuesday) monitors prices on 66 kinds of food in all regional centers and cities of Astana and Almaty.
We remind that price monitoring is implemented by the company from 2003. From 2008 – based on “Methods of price monitoring for main food products and fuel in regional centers and Astana and Almaty cities” approved by the joint order of the Ministry of industry and trade and the Ministry of agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These Methods are agreed with the Agency of RK for statistics.
The Company carries out collection of price statistics on the following directions:
Weekly retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly wholesale prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly changes of retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly prices for fuel
Weekly prices for grains
Tariffs for mills and elevators services
Weekly prices for live cattle
Comparison of retail and wholesale prices food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products
Change of average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products for week, %
Prices at external markets (Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, China)
World prices for agricultural products
Mission of “Kazagromarketing” JSC (subsidiary company of “KazAgro” National management holding” JSC) is implementation of the state policy for formation of market infrastructure of agricultural goods and services promotion providing a wide access of agribusiness entities to information resources and consulting services on the basis of developed regional network of rural information-consulting centers and modern information technologies.
“KazAgro” National management holding” JSC implements the state policy on development of agribusiness complex of Kazakhstan by means of providing effective management of investment assets of companies included into its structure.
The Holding includes “Food contract corporation” National company” JSC, “KazAgroProduct” JSC, “KazAgroFinance” JSC, “Agrarian credit corporation” JSC, “Fund for financial support of agriculture” JSC, “KazAgroGarant” JSC and “Kazagromarketing” JSC.
Пресс-служба АО «Казагромаркетинг»
Мансия Сакенова, 8 701 977 61 00, email@example.com
тел: 8(7172) 580-177, вн. 154, http://www.kam.kz