Monitoring of prices for main food products according to “Kazagromarketing” JSC for the period from February 3 to 10, 2015 by regions:
For the period under consideration in the line of grocery products there is a decrease in prices for:
– Buckwheat in Taldykorgan by 10% from 200 to 180 tenge/kg. Reason: saturation of the market with products and decline of wholesale prices by suppliers by 7% from 182 to 170 tenge/kg;
– Beans in Shymkent by 16% from 340 to 284 tenge/kg and in Karaganda by 13% from 349 to 304 tenge/kg;
– Sunflower oil in Kyzylorda by 16% from 275 to 231 tenge/liter.
In the line of dairy products prices decreased for:
– Cheese in Pavlodar by 10% from 1,280 to 1,150 tenge/kg due to the saturation of the market with products from the Russian Federation, and the reduction of wholesale prices by suppliers by 10% from 1155 to 1035 tenge/kg;
– Cottage cheese in Aktau by 16% from 950 to 800 tenge/kg, which is also related to the saturation of the market with products from the Russian Federation and the decline in wholesale prices by suppliers by 14% from 870 to 750 tenge/kg.
In the line of meat products there was a decrease in the price of chicken carcasses in Aktau by 13% from 750 to 650 tenge/kg and in Pavlodar by 10% from 580 to 520 tenge/kg.
In the line of fruit and vegetable prices there are following changes:
– Grape rose in Almaty by 10% from 533 to 586 tenge/kg, which was a result of reduction in supply and an increase in wholesale prices by 4% from 410 to 428 tenge/kg;
– Cucumbers in Uralsk rose by 16% from 355 to 413 tenge/kg, in Astana by 10% from 621 to 680 tenge/kg. In Uralsk price increase was associated with a decline in production and an increase in the sale of wholesale prices by 16% from 336 to 390 tenge/kg. In Astana, the increase in price indices is due to the predominance in the sale of the day of monitoring of the prices of more expensive varieties of cucumbers “Mirinda”;
– Pepper rose in Shymkent by 10% from 500 to 550 tenge/kg. The reduction in supply and an increase in wholesale prices by 5% from 400 to 420 tenge/kg led to higher prices of pepper;
– Mandarins in Astana fell by 12% from 444 to 389 tenge/kg. The increase in the supply of cheaper products from Pakistan led to lower prices for mandarins, wholesale prices for the week decreased by 25% from 400 to 300 tenge/kg.
For the rest of food a significant price fluctuation (over 10%) was not observed. “Kazagromarketing” JSC on a weekly basis (Tuesday) monitors prices on 66 kinds of food in all regional centers and cities of Astana and Almaty.
We remind that price monitoring is implemented by the company from 2003. From 2008 – based on “Methods of price monitoring for main food products and fuel in regional centers and Astana and Almaty cities” approved by the joint order of the Ministry of industry and trade and the Ministry of agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These Methods are agreed with the Agency of RK for statistics.
The Company carries out collection of price statistics on the following directions:
Weekly retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly wholesale prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly changes of retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly prices for fuel
Weekly prices for grains
Tariffs for mills and elevators services
Weekly prices for live cattle
Comparison of retail and wholesale prices food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products
Change of average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products for week, %
Prices at external markets (Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, China)
World prices for agricultural products