Monitoring of prices for main food products according to “Kazagromarketing” JSC for the period from February 10 to 17, 2015 by regions:
For the period under consideration in the line of grocery products there is a decrease in prices for:
– rice in Aktobe by 10% from 212 to 190 tenge/kg. Reason: saturation of the market with product and wholesale prices decline by suppliers by 6% from 180 to 170 tenge/kg;
– millet in Astana by 13% from 159 to 138 tenge/kg, which is associated with an increase in the volume of cheaper products weighed on sale;
– Beans in Astana by 20% from 482 to 388 tenge/kg. Appearance in the sale of cheaper weighed products on the covered market “Shapagat” at the price of 230 tenge/kg affected the decrease in the average price indices, the wholesale cost of the goods has not changed – 280 tenge/kg;
– Chicken egg of 1 category in Kokshetau by 11% from 180 to 160 tenge/dozen.
During the reporting period in Shymkent beans has risen by 16% from 284 to 330 tenge/kg. Predominance in sales of more expensive packaged products has led to an increase in the average price indices, wholesale prices remained at the level of 310 tenge/kg.
In the line of fruit and vegetable prices there were the following changes:
– Grape rose in Karaganda by 36% from 515 to 701 tenge/kg. The lack of delivery of products to the wholesale market on the day of the monitoring and reduction of grapes on sale led to its rise in price;
– Carrots fell in Shymkent by 11% from 90 to 80 tenge/kg. Reducing of consumer demand for products and reduced retail extra charge by sellers led to cheaper carrots, wholesale prices remained at the level of 70 tenge/kg;
– Mandarins in Aktobe fell by 10% from 258 to 232 tenge/kg. Saturation of the market by products from the Russian Federation and the decline of wholesale prices by suppliers by 10% from 210 to 190 tenge/kg led to its cheapening;
– Eggplant in Astana rose by 15% from 570 to 658 tenge/kg. The rise in prices is associated with the decline in products volume and an increase of wholesale prices by 33% from 450 to 600 tenge/kg.
For the rest of food a significant price fluctuation (over 10%) was not observed. “Kazagromarketing” JSC on a weekly basis (Tuesday) monitors prices on 66 kinds of food in all regional centers and cities of Astana and Almaty.
We remind that price monitoring is implemented by the company from 2003. From 2008 – based on “Methods of price monitoring for main food products and fuel in regional centers and Astana and Almaty cities” approved by the joint order of the Ministry of industry and trade and the Ministry of agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These Methods are agreed with the Agency of RK for statistics.
The Company carries out collection of price statistics on the following directions:
Weekly retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly wholesale prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly changes of retail prices for food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly prices for fuel
Weekly prices for grains
Tariffs for mills and elevators services
Weekly prices for live cattle
Comparison of retail and wholesale prices food products on the markets of Kazakhstan cities
Weekly average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products
Change of average selling prices at the gates of agricultural products for week, %
Prices at external markets (Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, China)
World prices for agricultural products